Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Stupid Things Theists Say About Atheism

People often assume I'm an atheist because I don't follow the bible and it does get on my nerves. Just because I don't follow Christianity doesn't mean I don't believe in God. That said, more often than not I find my self siding with the Atheist. Anyway, here are MIBOOBs on Atheism.

I want to get something straight. I believe in God, I just don't believe in religion.

Atheists Are Evil


Saying that someone is evil because they don't believe in god is ridiculous. The only reason that a Christian can justify this claim is because they've hijacked the word good and claimed that good is defined by God rather than by man. I don't claim to be a good or a bad person. I'm a person, I make mistakes, and I work to fix them. I'm not perfect, but I try my best to be my best. I'm not always my best, but I still try. I help people when I can, regardless of race or creed or intellect, etc. Outside of disbelief, there is nothing that makes atheists worse than Christians nor inherently bad. The only things Christians know of that do make Atheists seem worse are things listed in the bible. When pressed, most theists can't recall a single atheist guilty of most any of the crimes the bible claims they will commit that theists aren't equally responsible for, thus making the entire argument meaningless.

Atheists Are Sociopaths!


This is by far the stupidest thing I have ever read
Atheism has nothing to do with rape etc. It simply means you do not believe in god A-theism.

Atheists Act Like They Know The Bible Better Than Believers

Ezekiel 23:20New International Version (NIV)
20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
You know that there's a distinct possibility they do. Have you ever read the bible? 

Atheists Treat Religion And God Like A Fairytale

Well yeah. That is in essence what religion is to an atheist. I don't make a big deal out of you not believing in Santa Clause.

Atheists Want Proof But Don't Accept the proof we give

'You cannot prove that God exists, if you could this would defeat the purpose of faith' This is pretty much what every Priest and bishop I have ever spoken to has said. You have no proof to give.



Atheists Are Intolerant And Try To Force Their Belief On Us

 Most Christians haven't read the bible at all-Just putting that out there


Uh really? I mean I'm sure there are some intolerant atheists out there but..
  • I've never had one knock at my door talk to me an hour when I've made it clear that I don't want to know about God.
  • I've never had an Atheist condemn me to hell for supporting homosexuality.
  • I've never been forced to attend a sermon of Atheists talking about Atheism.
  • I've never been condemned for questioning the reality around me by an Atheist.
  • I pretty sure atheists never sent people like st.Patrick to spread their beliefs.
  • I've never heard of a war started over Atheism.
These are just a few examples, but I seriously don't think Atheists force there beliefs even half as much as the average Christian does. Some put their belief out there on youtube, but it is the viewers choice to watch and if they comment religious comments on that video they are asking to be spoken to by atheists.



Atheists Are All Arrogant And Think They're Better Than Everyone

People say Atheists are arrogant a whole bunch and I know in some cases it is true but in others I think logical arguments and long well structured answers intimidate people and they resort to calling Atheists arrogant. Sometimes the well structured and correctly spelled replies come off as showy. I think Atheists would argue that Theists are ignorant. Other times religious zealots fail to deliver their point in a coherent, calm or even thought out manner or they just bring up stuff that just doesn't even correlate with anything.




 which leaves Atheists to either just ignore them or get into a flame war with someone who can't construct a comprehensible sentence.
Also most Atheist believe in science and so the idea that an old man on a cloud created everyone and then sent a magic carpenter to the earth so that people would worship him, comes across as ridiculous.

The Atheist 'Superiority Complex'

Atheists look at theists and see them as individuals who cannot apply rational, logical thinking to their religions.
Theists expect people to believe in their religion when they have no proof at all. The average Christian I meet has never even read the bible.
Definition of gullibility
You should also remember that a lot of people are born into religions and don't actually do any research at all on their religion. Whereas, most Atheists were once religious people who then questioned what they were taught and became Atheists when they couldn't find any reason to believe something so unbelievable.

Atheists Are Stupid


Atheists aren't just diving into a religion because everyone else is, they are going against the grain. Also evidence suggests that Atheists are more intelligent than believers
 Not because of their beliefs but because of their rational thinking and ability to search for answers.
So perhaps that 'superiority complex' is well deserved...